The Southern African Solar Thermal Training & Demonstration Initiative Is A Regional Initiative For Capacity Building & Demonstration Of Solar Thermal Systems In The SADC Region. It Is Funded By The Austrian Development Agency.
The SOLTRAIN programme focuses on the following main elements:
- Supporting political stakeholders with the implementation of the Solar Thermal Roadmaps.
- Increasing technical skills by carrying out training courses.
- Raising awareness on the potential of solar thermal technologies.
- Strengthening institutional structures, which can offer expert advice, training and technical support to the local industry and politicians.
- Demonstrating that solar thermal technology works by supporting the design, installation and quality check of solar thermal demonstration systems. Both smaller and larger demonstration plants have been set up in social institutions and small and medium enterprises, at which they contribute to water heating, cooling and the generation of process heat.
Please visit soltrain on the web at www.soltrain.org for more about the programme.