THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT
This Notice intends to explain how SANEDI obtains, uses and discloses Personal Information per the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
- ABOUT SANEDI As a Schedule 3A State-Owned Entity(SOE), SANEDI’s authority is derived from Section 7(2) of the National Energy Act, 2008 (Act No. 34 of 2008) (NEA). Section 7(2) of the NEA states SANEDI’s powers, functions, and responsibilities.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED SANEDI collects and processes personal information to execute its mandate described in Section 7(2) of NEA. When Personal Information is requested and submitted to SANEDI, it is confirmed that consent is provided to SANEDI to process the required Personal Information for the required purpose.
- USE OF INFORMATION Personal information will be use only for the purposes for which it was collected. SANEDI may disclose Personal Information to service providers and Third Parties who are appointed to assist deliver the mandate. SANEDI will ensure that service providers or Third Parties who have access or in possession of Personal Information submitted to SANEDI, comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act.
- PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION SANEDI is legally obliged to provide adequate protection for Personal Information. On an ongoing basis, SANEDI reviews security controls and related processes to ensure that Personal Information remains secure.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION You have the right to request a copy of your Personal Information in possession of SANEDI.
- CORRECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION You have the right to request SANEDI to update, correct or delete your Personal Information.
- CONTACT DETAILS Please contact SANEDI at firstname.lastname@example.org, should you have any information.