The immediate focus of SASGI and the work groups are to address the following areas:
• Improvement in network availability.
• Improved network security.
• Facilitation of energy management.
• Improved productivity.
• Ability to accommodate renewable energy sources.
The Medium to longer term focus areas are:
• Grid self-healing.
• Grid security.
• Grid reliability.
• Ability to accommodate alternative energy options e.g. renewable and storage in current electricity grid.
• Reduced technical and non-technical losses.
• Improved revenue collection.
• Optimised asset and resource utilisation.
• Technology enabled data conversion into management information.
• Ability to facilitate customer participation and communication.